Saturday 23 June 2012

The Sinking....

ailing to comply with the amount of weirdness in the Land of the Nether, I decided to have a long rest away from any breathing being. Thus, just before I left the Gogogl, I asked him, with a bit of a twitch in my voice, where would one go if he did not want to be found. Fortunately, the long-necked creature did not mind a bit of irony, even if it was not intended. He pat me on the back for having the kahunas for aiming that question at the being with the power of ten men and pointed a claw towards the direction of a very wrong-looking mountain. It looked like something that came out of a Terry Pratchett book, but after all that had happened, what didn't? The mountain looked like someone had picked it up and balanced it on its peak. The Gogogl told me that after I reached the sign that said "GOUDENWEG" I had to turn Left and only Left. When I asked what would happen if I didn't he just sighed, looked away and nodded negatively. What the heck, I thought, since a scary beast (as others described it, I actually became rather fond of his unique looks) told me not to do something, why bother challenging his idea.


The bag was strapped on to my back and the pleasant chime of the little coffee pot once again gave me my walking rhythm. On, I went to better pastures, and perhaps to a way back home. My shoes started to screech, but since there hadn't been a drop of rain since my arrival, I wasn't too worried. Little did I know that I would regret my calmness, but I am side-tracking the story again. The road was wide and on its side little houses with the most beautiful green fields in front. Oh how peaceful and calm. I was walking with so little care of the world around me that at the point when the houses stopped I felt something disturbing. I couldn't shake the belief that I had forgotten something. Because of what happened I have to say now, never, ever, EVER, think that you can do the thinking along the way.


Do you remember this sign... Yes, the sign that said "GOUDENWEG"... Well, guess who forgot about that sign and started walking Right. By the time I realised that I had blundered off away from my course I was neck deep in a swamp, sinking. Not only that, but I had the immeasurable pleasure of having a talking lady bug as company, which could only contribute to the dire situation by yelling at me: "See what you Did Now!"

I inhaled for the last time when the sticky goo reached my chin and I hoped that I would either die fast or someone would grab me. Well, there was no surprise when neither of my expectations came true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment