Tuesday 29 May 2012

The tale of the Gogogl...

xhausted! I am getting exhausted faster than I thought. But, No! I must not stop running! I mean, look at it! And it is coming... it's coming closer... even closer... ogh NOOOoooo!

I suppose that was confusing. Well let me start of where I finished last time. Now where was I... Oh, yes. I was sitting on a river bank with the sun slowly setting to my right and a strange person talking to me through an accordion. I decided that whatever I was to say and whatever I could show him, which was considered by other people of the Nether as strange, like my cellphone for example, would never be able to compare even one word that came out of that person's instrument, let alone an entire story. So I listened. "I am a person, who has been travelling for more than he can remember." This was one of the saddest things I heard from him as most of his tails were as merry as a child's Christmas morning. But one story really made my eyes pop out of my sockets and make the jingling sound of a fragile Christmas decoration, rolling on the pebbly river bank. Here it comes...



I suppose none of you have ever heard of a Gogogl. No... No, I do not mean Google, or goggle, or gogol. I mean Gogogl. I know this because it actually took me two and a half hours to realise that I need to make him write down the name. In my defence his accordion voice box was a bit out of tune and screeched at a high G sound. The Gogogl. Yes. Apparently it was an animal with a shape, which as I can explain is a combination between an orangutan, ostrich, rhino and giraffe. It sounds hard to believe, but believe me, the sight of it haunted me for many nights after the... Oh, I am getting away from topic again. So, this animal, which had a humanoid torso, with the stompers of a rhino, a thin feathery coat and a neck as long as the trunk of a full-groan poplar tree, was one of the most terrifying sights for a person of the Nether. For an outlander like me... It was... A challenge. The traveller told me that he can take me to a cave, where he had personally heard the terrifying shriek of a Gogogl. Well, to be honest, he told me that the shriek was very similar to the scream of its victims, but I decided not to adhere to all the warnings and threats.

We started climbing a rocky wall of a steep hill a couple of kilometres away from the river camp. I did not really think how, if I were to run, I would climb down, but apparently curiosity made me a bit light in the head. We reached the top, where a cave revealed itself like an open leviathan's mouth. I was so curious that I started staring weary inside the cave. What I did not see was how my companion had removed what I had not discerned as a skin costume and had stretched his, or should I say its, long neck and had fluffed its feathery cover. I turned around. I stared for what must have been a couple of seconds, but felt like a couple of decades. This is when my central nervous system kicked in and I started to... RUN!


When it caught up to me and carried me back tо its accordion, it managed to explain... well that's for another time, but it showed me something truly amazing. It showed me everything it had seen, everything it had experienced and more importantly the way it saw the world. And here it is:



I would Really like to thank Fiacomo Miceli for making this amazing video. 

No comments:

Post a Comment