Friday 17 February 2012

The Meeting...



anishing the elixir of energy, I decided that it was time to go. I had already wasted my time with creative thoughts accompanied by a steady gaze out of some spotty windows. Off I was on a journey to... well I did not know the ending to that sentence yet, but I was hoping I would find out soon.

The satchel took me a while to put back together as I had taken many things out of it. Perhaps the most important thing you should know about me is that order is not one of my strong suits. Nevertheless, there was a specific chaos that I had to bring to the old and ripped, hard-linen bag. Once everything was in and the tray had been returned to the oaky-looking gentlemen behind the counter my need for adventure whisked me away once again.

The crystalline doors of the little tavern were nothing like anything else inside. Their pristine clarity was noticeable only when one made his way out, as once you entered the establishment a mixture of aromas and sensations are to be your main concern (and I do mean concern in all its meanings as you never knew what the old cook was making). The sun shined through the perfectly formed crystal which looked like it had been carved off from a mountainside. This created a problem at that time of the day for people, who wanted to leave as the refraction made it impossible to see if someone was coming. This very same effect lasted for as long as a few minutes, a lesson I needed to learn some time before what happened next. 

The pin-wide dilation of my eyes made me accidentally bump in some curious-looking people. Dressed in what looked like traditional clothing from no culture I had ever encountered they were pleasant enough to apologize even though no blame could be put on them. Apparently, they were educated in the effects of the crystalline portal. From the short and lasting bow of the gentleman and the authoritative mother-figure pose of the madam I discerned that their social class far surpassed mine. This, however, did not show at all from their attitude towards a stranger such as myself. By the time the gentleman realized that I was a stranger to their culture he reverted to a friendlier and more multicultural gesture of a hand-wave, followed by what I learned later was the traditional greeting sound. My lack of cultural knowledge did not stop me to feel pleasantly welcomed by the well-garmented couple. If I only knew who they were, though the realization may have brought me to my stress barrier. The procession behind them may have been a clue though. It, however, did not leave any impression as I was constantly gazing at their peculiar and outlandish clothing and overall style. 


"Hear Ye, Hear Ye, 
Wellcome the Prince and the Queen of the Land of the Nether!" 


One guard, who was inconspicuously standing behind them, pulled me aside. Despite my nerves running wild, I managed to squeeze out a question, which ensnared the talkative guard in a pleasant conversation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment